East Burke Street Parking Lot
Car charging station in East Burke Street Parking Lot
West Burke Street Parking Lot
East Martin Street Parking Lot
MAIN STREET PARKING DETAILS
The purpose of parking meter fees is to cover the costs of the supervision, inspection, installation, operation, maintenance, control and use of the parking meter spaces and the regulation of the parking of vehicles in the parking meter zones.
In order that the time during which a vehicle is parking in a parking meter space may be properly and conveniently computed, the owner or operator of a vehicle entering the space shall immediately deposit a nickel, dime or quarter in the parking meter adjacent to the parking meter space. Metered hours are:
- Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday are Free parking in downtown.
The following penalties are imposed on parking meter violations:
- Expired Meter and/or Permit Violation – $2.00
- $5.00 Payment after 48 hours of Violation
- To pay a parking ticket you will need:
The actual ticket, or the license plate number of the ticketed vehicle
Parking tickets may be paid at the following locations:
- Cashiers area on the second floor of City Hall, 232 N. Queen St.
- Drop boxes located in the following areas:
- Race Street beside of City Hall
- Inside the front door of City Hall
- Both corners of the 100 block of S. Queen St.
- By mail: City of Martinsburg 232 N. Queen St. P.O. Box 828 Martinsburg, WV 25402
Permit parking is also available at the Caperton Train Station. Permits sold for that parking lot cannot be used at green top permit parking meters (the Train Station permits are exclusive to the Caperton Train Station).
The City provides one designated parking space for disabled persons within each City block on Queen Street between Race Street and King Street and on King Street between Spring Street and Maple Avenue.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Parking Department at:
City of Martinsburg
Attn: Parking Department
232 North Queen Street, 2nd Floor
Martinsburg, WV 25401
(304) 264-2131 Ext. 253
Parking meters are installed throughout the downtown area and are located in the following City blocks:
- 100, 200 N. Queen Street
- 100, 200, 300 S. Queen Street
- 100, 200 W. John Street
- 100 E. John Street
- 100 W. Martin Street
- 100, 200 E. Martin Street
- 100, 200 E. Race Street
- 200 W. Race Street
- 100, 200 W. Burke Street
- 100 E. Burke Street
- 100, 200 N. College Street
- 100, 200, 300 S. College Street
- 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 W. King Street
- 100, 200 E. King Street
- Public Square
Metered parking is also available in the public parking lots:
- 100 E. Martin Street
- 100 E. Burke Street
- 100 W. Burke Street
- City Hall Lot 100 W. Race Street